v14 mechanical code beautification patches

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: v14 mechanical code beautification patches
Date: 2021-05-05 18:18:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

It's getting to be time to think about these steps for v14:

* Renumber any manually-assigned OIDs between 8000 and 9999
to lower numbers, using renumber_oids.pl (see notes in bki.sgml)

* pgindent, perltidy, reformat-dat-files

* Update config.guess and config.sub
(from https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/config)

* Update Unicode data: Edit UNICODE_VERSION and CLDR_VERSION in
src/Makefile.global.in, run make update-unicode, and commit.

It looks like Peter already took care of the last two. Barring
objections, I'll plan to do the first two next Wednesday or so
(after the back-branch-release dust has settled).

I notice that we also list this as a pre-beta task in
src/tools/RELEASE_CHANGES:

* Update inet/cidr data types with newest Bind patches

However, I can't recall that anyone has ever done any such thing;
and at this point, any attempt to re-sync that code would likely
be a rather major task. Should we take that off the checklist?