Re: v14 mechanical code beautification patches

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: v14 mechanical code beautification patches
Date: 2021-05-05 22:55:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 02:18:04PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I notice that we also list this as a pre-beta task in
> src/tools/RELEASE_CHANGES:
>
> * Update inet/cidr data types with newest Bind patches
>
> However, I can't recall that anyone has ever done any such thing;
> and at this point, any attempt to re-sync that code would likely
> be a rather major task. Should we take that off the checklist?

I think it is related to these files:

src/backend/utils/adt/inet_cidr_ntop.c
src/backend/utils/adt/inet_net_pton.c

which have at the top:

* Copyright (c) 2004 by Internet Systems Consortium, Inc. ("ISC")
* Copyright (c) 1996,1999 by Internet Software Consortium.

but I am not sure we still need to update those, so I would remove it.

EDB https://enterprisedb.com