Re: jade X openjade

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Halley Pacheco de Oliveira <halleypo(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: jade X openjade
Date: 2004-02-20 16:49:50
Lists: pgsql-docs

Halley Pacheco de Oliveira wrote:
> In my Athon 1.7 512 MB RAM computer with Debian it
> takes 2m6s to generate de PostgreSQL 7.4.1 HTML
> documentation using JADE and 4m7s using OPENJADE
> (almost 2X). So why use OPENJADE ?

I would have to double check, but I think OPENJADE offers better backend
support.

Personally I think the real question should be, Why *JADE*? We should be
doing whatever it takes to move to XML/XSLT.

Using Apache xerces I can transform a 1000 page document in less than a
minute.

> Halley

> Yahoo! Mail - O melhor e-mail do Brasil! Abra sua conta agora:
> http://br.yahoo.com/info/mail.html

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Attachment Content-Type Size
jd.vcf text/x-vcard 640 bytes