ANALYZE crashes randomly

From: Olivier Hubaut <olivier(at)scmbb(dot)ulb(dot)ac(dot)be>
To: PgSQL Admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ANALYZE crashes randomly
Date: 2004-02-19 10:51:14
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

On PostgreSQL 7.3.3 on MacOS X 10.2, the ANALYZE command sometimes crash
and I don't know why! I've tried it some binaries copies of the DB, it's
a totally random behaviour.

When it crahes, I get this message:

PANIC: could not open transaction-commit log directory
(/usr/local/pgsql/annot/pg_clog): Too many open files
before or while processing the request.

Does anyone know how to resolve it?

--
Signature en cours de maintenance,