Re: development questions

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: development questions
Date: 2004-02-16 06:44:11
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi!

Dave Page wrote:
>>I wanted to know whether the people on this maillist are
>>aware of "usability"
>>stuff. 'Cause unfortunately the current website badly breaks
>>some of the well-respected guidelines.
>

> Well I did user interface design as part of my Masters, but
> unfortunately only got an A*, though that was after the site was
> designed. I also spend quite some time working in the design offices in
> the Oxford University dept of Particle and Nuclear Physics, but that was
> creating print output and CAD drawings of course.

Well, what about applying the stuff you learned for improving the website usability?

There are some pretty obvious changes that can be done even to the current
website layout.

>>No, I don't. ;] But I think that there are some people on the
>>maillists (or some personal acquaintances) who would be
>>willing to contribute their work for free.
>
> The one I know is *very* expensive unfortunately, but he has led teams
> designing *very* large sites for companies such as a certain large
> British airline, and a famous Swiss bank.

Heh, I don't think PostgreSQL community will be able to raise *that* much money.
But I looked through pgsql-www archives and there were people offering
professional design for postgresql.org for free. What prevents you from
contacting them?