Re: development questions

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: development questions
Date: 2004-02-14 19:21:15
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi!

Robert Treat wrote:
>>No. CVS access and user accounts are only given to people following
>>continued good quality work over a period of time.
>
> and people who we know we can work with in a non-abrasive manner.

Got the point. ;]

>>>4) Is there any checklist for rolling out the "new" website?
>>
>>No - that depends very much on what is required to rollout any new code.
>
> Dave, I'm thinking we could probably put his code on a new virtual test
> domain, though I'd like to look through the code more before we get to that
> step, but it seems like a good next step...

Yes, that's exactly what I want right now --- look through my code.

>>>5) Are you familiar with Jakob Nielsen's writings?
>>
>>Nope.
>
> I am. Actually I used to be the user experience advocate for a large recruting
> company. I've noticed It's tough to convince developers to go with his
> recomendations sometimes :-)

I wanted to know whether the people on this maillist are aware of "usability"
stuff. 'Cause unfortunately the current website badly breaks some of the
well-respected guidelines.

>>>6) Do you know any professional web-designers?
>>
>>Yes. Why?
>
> maybe he has money to hire some one? :-)

No, I don't. ;] But I think that there are some people on the maillists (or some
personal acquaintances) who would be willing to contribute their work for free.