Re: RFC: PostgreSQL Add-On Network

From: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RFC: PostgreSQL Add-On Network
Date: 2010-01-08 17:55:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Jan 8, 2010, at 9:38 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> Is there a particular reason not to use the existing mirroring network
> to distribute the files? If not, then I suggest using them should be
> part of the design.

No, as long as PAUS can drop uploaded distributions onto the master FTP server, or else the existing mirror system can rsync from PGAN's own master (I'll build all this on my own box to start with). It'll just be rsync, really, it won't where it's mirrored or where the master index lives.

Best,

David