Re: RFC: PostgreSQL Add-On Network

From: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RFC: PostgreSQL Add-On Network
Date: 2010-01-08 17:53:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Jan 8, 2010, at 9:24 AM, Dave Page wrote:

> If that is the goal of your project then I withdraw my previous
> comments, which were written on the belief that you were proposing a
> generic distribution/build/installation system for PostgreSQL users.

It is a generic distribution and installation system, but it just uses installer approaches provided by others. This is not unlike CPAN.pm, which doesn't include an installer itself, but things through Module::Build or ExtUtils::MakeMaker as appropriate. Completely separate domain problem, as Greg notes.

> Sorry for the noise!

Glad to have it cleared up! :-)

Best,

David