[HELP] MSAccess picks wrong keys

From: "Aaron Spike" <sauron(at)mlc-wels(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [HELP] MSAccess picks wrong keys
Date: 2004-01-26 14:38:23
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Using MS Access 2003 and pgsql-odbc 7.03.02.00.

Today I added a column (Course_LongName) to a table (Courses), when I
relinked the table in Access decided that that column should be part
of
the composite primary key. The Correct Key is "Course_Number",
"SchoolYear", "SchoolYearSemester". Access Chooses "Course_Number",
"SchoolYearSemester", "Course_LongName" every time. I can't get it to
let
go!

I've deleted the link and relinked/refreshed. I've checked and
unchecked "Recognise unique indexes" to no avail. Is there any way I
can
make this go right?

How does Access choose keys? Can I trick it?

Is there a way to force Access to display the key choosing interface
when
linking tables from postgresql?

Aaron Spike

My Table description:
Table "public.Courses"
Column | Type | Modifiers
--------------------+--------------------------------+-----------
Course_Number | character varying(7) | not null
Course_ShortName | character varying(12) |
Course_Credit | double precision | not null
ModifiedBy | text |
Modified | timestamp(0) without time zone |
Course_Description | text |
SchoolYear | character varying(6) | not null
SchoolYearSemester | character varying(1) | not null
Course_LongName | character varying(255) |
Indexes: Courses_pkey primary key btree ("Course_Number",
"SchoolYear", "SchoolYearSemester")
Triggers: courses_update_modified