Database Recovery

From: Jean-Arthur Silve <jeanarthur(at)eurovox(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database Recovery
Date: 2001-02-13 09:12:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi !

I have a big problem : all my datas are unavailable.
When I do a vaccuum, that ok there are rows.

When I do a "SELECT" or "\d", nothing.

One of you told me that could be that I reached the max transaction ID.
My pg_log is very big (1 Go !!)

How could I retrieve my datas ?

Of course I tried pg_dump : nothing !

Fils is the DB sub directories seems ok...

I tried to make a new install, I re create all the DB, than moved my
datafiles to each subdirectories.
But nothing !
Then I moved to the old pg_log file to the new DB ! Nothing !

Is there a way to retrieve my datas, even without the indexes ???

thank you !

jean-arthur

Le simple fait de passer par la fenetre ne suffit pas a la transformer en porte.