Re: Problems between Mandrake and pg

From: "Chad R(dot) Larson" <chad(at)eldocomp(dot)com>
To: ryan(at)eidolon(dot)dk, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems between Mandrake and pg
Date: 2001-11-24 03:03:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

At 02:44 PM 11/21/01 +0100, Ryan Rohde Hansen wrote:
>It is true, that we do not have the -i option on, but we haven't found a
>way to change it that really works.

You MUST have the -i switch set, or else you can only make connections to
the database from the machine it run on.

Attached are two scripts. One is for FreeBSD, the other is for Solaris.

The FreeBSD script goes in /usr/local/etc/rc.d and the Solaris one goes in
/etc/init.d (and then run it by hand once with the argument "links").

I don't know much about Mandrake, but these scripts should give you the idea.

Attachment Content-Type Size
postgres application/octet-stream 2.6 KB
pgsql.sh application/octet-stream 807 bytes