Re: DROP relation IF EXISTS Docs and Tests - Bug Fix

From: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: DROP relation IF EXISTS Docs and Tests - Bug Fix
Date: 2021-03-09 13:40:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi David,

On 11/23/20 3:31 PM, Anastasia Lubennikova wrote:
> On 30.09.2020 05:00, David G. Johnston wrote:
>>
>> v5 attached, looking at this fresh and with some comments to consider.
>>
>> I ended up just combining both patches into one.
>>
>> I did away with the glossary changes altogether, and the invention of
>> the new term.  I ended up limiting "type's type" to just domain usage
>> but did a couple of a additional tweaks that tried to treat domains as
>> not being actual types even though, at least in PostgreSQL, they are
>> (at least as far as DROP TYPE is concerned - and since I don't have
>> any understanding of the SQL Standard's decision to separate out
>> create domain and create type I'll just stick to the implementation in
>> front of me.
>
> Reminder from a CF manager, as this thread was inactive for a while.
> Alexander, I see you signed up as a committer for this entry. Are you
> going to continue this work?

This patch was marked Ready for Committer on July 14 but received a
significant update on August 30. So, I have marked it Needs Review.

Further, I think we should close this entry at the end of the CF if it
does not attract committer interest. Tom is not in favor of the patch
and it appears Alexander decided not to commit it.

Regards,
--
-David
david(at)pgmasters(dot)net