pg documentation

From: "paul simdars" <psimdars(at)lisco(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg documentation
Date: 2002-02-28 21:08:23
Lists: pgsql-general

I have found some good resources but what would really be nice is a
reference manual. I did find a place with searchable documents but
sometimes they don't have an item (and it can be very difficult to find).
I am working thru a PHP book and their database related material is for
mySQL (surprise!). So I am trying to do all the examples in postgres.
To do this I need to find the equivalent pg function. One of the easier
ones is the mysql_fetch_row. Easier becuase there is a pg_fetch_row.
But the arguments are different and I wanted to look at the documentation
for the pg_fetch_row. I did a search in my searchable documentation and
they don't even list it. I have also tried to find some place which just
lists all the functions like that (i.e. pg_this, pg_that . . . ). Most
documentation is a chapter in a book or something like that.
Anyone . . . .

Thanks again, You were all a great help in pointing me to much
documentation in the first place.
Paul