Unicode, php and postgresql

From: Didier Bretin <dbr(at)informactis(dot)com>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Unicode, php and postgresql
Date: 2003-12-09 08:34:34
Lists: pgsql-php

Hi,

I try to install a 7.4.0 + php for developping an application in unicode.
Apparently I have no problem ;).

But I don't understand enough the documentation of php. My postgresql
server is configured in unicode, and my database is entirely in unicode.
In my php.ini file I set no mbstring variables. When I'm connecting to the
database, I SELECT the data and then I print them, with the charset
utf-8, to the browser and all the characters are correctly displayed.

My question is : is it the right way I don't have to configure anything
in php for dealing with unicode :) ?

And is there anybody else who played with the same configuration as mine ?

Regards.
--
.^. | Didier Bretin, France | dbr(at)informactis(dot)com |