Committing Resources to Win32

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers-win32 <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Committing Resources to Win32
Date: 2003-11-06 22:54:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Hello,

I have arranged to have 1 full time dedicated programmer to the Win32
port. I
can commit this person for 320 hours. I may also be able to add an
additional
full time programmer (for a total of 2) to the win32 project in a short
period of time.
However before I commit the resources I would like to get an idea of the
direction
the project is going.

Specifically, I believe and through conversations with several Win32
programmers
I know, that using create process is a bad idea and that we should move to
a threaded model (at least for Win32).

What are people's thoughts on this. Is there a development plan for
the Win32
version that I perhaps haven't seen or are we just kind of hacking it as
we go along?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

+1-503-222-2783 - jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com - http://www.commandprompt.com