Re: pgadmin3 debian package proposal

From: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
Cc: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Adam H(dot) Pendleton" <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>
Subject: Re: pgadmin3 debian package proposal
Date: 2003-10-26 22:09:52
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Raphaël Enrici wrote:

> Andreas Pflug wrote:
>

>>> That said, a single build system really would be nice.
>>

>> If we have wx in a subdirectory of our source tree top side by side
>> to src, the make process can do it in a single build. In this case,
>> we wouldn't need to have wx installed, thus minimizing the chance of
>> interference with an official wx package.

just for information, I have a first debian package that build without
external wx. I'm gonna submit it to my "sponsor" so that he can gives
its advice and gave corrections. I'll send you some news asap.
The method I adopted follows:
pgadmin-1.1.0/wxWindows-pgAdmin3-20031010-5 contains the untared snapshot
The debian/rules (equivalent of rpm spec file) is charged of building
and installing it in
pgadmin-1.1.0/wxWindows-pgAdmin3-20031010-5/localinst just before the
pgA3 configure line is invoked.It refers to it using --with-wx and
--with-wx-config configure options.

regards,
Raphaël