Re: pgadmin3 debian package proposal

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Adam H(dot) Pendleton" <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>
Subject: Re: pgadmin3 debian package proposal
Date: 2003-10-26 11:59:03
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

>Side by side. Mmmm, if we're talking side by side right back to CVS, we really ought to be sure we want to do this. Basically we'd be committing to maintaining our own wx fork indefinately. Moving back to the standard distro might not be so easy in the future...

No, I don't want it put into cvs, except for some custom makefiles
maybe. We should stay with the current way of syncing our snapshot with
wx from time to time, hoping for an age where we can get back to vanilla wx.

>That said, a single build system really would be nice.

If we have wx in a subdirectory of our source tree top side by side to
src, the make process can do it in a single build. In this case, we
wouldn't need to have wx installed, thus minimizing the chance of
interference with an official wx package.

Regards,
Andreas