Re: bug reporting

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Alexandr S <sasha(at)in(dot)crimea(dot)ua>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: bug reporting
Date: 2003-10-14 09:51:17
Lists: pgadmin-support pgsql-bugs

Alexandr S wrote:

> Andreas Pflug wrote:
>
>> Alexandr S wrote:
>>
>>> ----It can be usually opened with Opera or Mozilla Firebird having
>>> set before Character Coding to windows-1251. May be fonts don t
>>> support russian language. Any way with text_s_unicode in unicode
>>> there is the same problem: I can t export such data from Query
>>> Window ( Pgadmin 3.1) to file.
>>

>> Alexandr,
>> please send this data as Unicode to me, if you want me to have a look
>> at the problem. I can't set my win32 machine to windows-1251.
>>
> text_s_unicode was attached to last letter (file text_s_unicode.txt).
> I attach this file to this letter again, so look for Attachments in
> this letter.

Hi Alexandr,
this second file version was readable for me.

I created database and table with your script, opened ViewData on the
table, copied your text_s from Notepad into the column, and stored it.

View Data shows the contents fine, Query Tool does so too with select *
from mytable. When exporting from query tool, data is truncated (which
is normal), the new "execute to file" will export all.

So I can't reproduce this problem.

In the next days (when Dave gets the time to do so) we'll have V1.0.2
out, which fixes that "column not found" problem, and should work for
you. Execute to file isn't included there, we will have snapshots of the
forthcoming V1.1 for that.

Regards,
Andreas