Database connections

From: "George Weaver" <georgew1(at)mts(dot)net>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Database connections
Date: 2003-10-14 13:57:34
Lists: pgadmin-support

In pgAdmin II, if I understand it correctly, the program determines the databases present on the server using pg_Database when the user selects Connect. I assume that the program then connects to a specific database when one is chosen by the user from the database tree.

As far as I can tell, this is done without using a User, System, or File DSN.

Can you direct me to a source of information or documentation which describes how this is accomplished?

Thanks for you help (and a super product!)

George