psql error: cannot open libpq.so.3

From: Phil Campaigne <pcampaigne(at)charter(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql error: cannot open libpq.so.3
Date: 2003-10-01 11:24:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks Tom,
when I go down all files linked to libpq.so.3 end with a "statically
linked" comment. I assume this is the desired result.

However, I did find another libpq.so.3 in a different directory. When I
ldd it I get "no such file or directory. Maybe the original
installation by rpm put it there first. Could this problem be the
result of upgrading a rpm installation with a source upgrade which put
it in another directory, thus confusing psql?

thanks,
Phil