Re: psql error: cannot open libpq.so.3

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pcampaigne(at)charter(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psql error: cannot open libpq.so.3
Date: 2003-10-01 14:34:54
Lists: pgsql-general

Phil Campaigne <pcampaigne(at)charter(dot)net> writes:
> However, I did find another libpq.so.3 in a different directory. When I
> ldd it I get "no such file or directory.

Hmm, maybe that's the one that's being found when psql is started?
Seems like you need to look at exactly what search path is being
used (check LD_LIBRARY_PATH, /etc/ld.so.conf, or whatever controls
this on your system). Another possibility is that ldconfig needs
to be run again to update ld.so.cache.