Re: 2-phase commit

From: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "'Bruce Momjian'" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "'Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD'" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>, "'Andrew Sullivan'" <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 2-phase commit
Date: 2003-09-29 03:11:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> [...]

As far as I see, it's the above point which prevents the
advance of this topic and the issue must be solved ASAP.

As opposed to your answer
Not "it can", but "it has to",
my answer is
Yes "it can", but "it doesn't have to".

The simplest senario(though there could be varations) is

[At participant(master)'s side]
Because the commit operations is done, does nothing.

[At coordinator(slave)' side]
1) After a while
2) re-establish the communication path between the
partcipant(master)'s TM.
3) resend the "commit requeset" to the participant's TM.
1)2)3) would be repeated until the coordinator receives
the "commit ok" message from the partcipant.

If there's no objection from you, I would assume I'm right.
Please don't dodge my question this time.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue
http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/