Re: Win32 native port

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Win32 native port
Date: 2003-09-04 23:18:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dann Corbit wrote:

>You are making an assumption that the follwing sentence is only valid
>under conditions of the first. That is nowhere stated. That connection
>is only implied by your interpretation.

Not at all. the phrase "This means" clearly refers to what went before.

>Even a trivial and absurd lawsuit can have disastrous consequences.
>Consider SCO verses IBM.

Fine. You sit quaking with fear in your boots. I won't. BTW, according
to my legal theory *I* own all the code to Postgres. Bizarre? Sure, but
don't let that stop you worrying about it.

One more thing - there is a Cygwin port of Postgres that *is* linked
against Cygwin libraries - I haven't heard anybody suggesting that that
has infected us with GPLing the code.

Let's get real.

andrew