Re: CVS notification (Path algorithms)

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CVS notification (Path algorithms)
Date: 2003-07-14 16:18:03
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgsql-hackers

Dave Page wrote:

>Hi Andreas,
>
>Just noticed this commit - thanks, I've been trying to work on it all
>day but keep getting sidetracked before I can get into it properly!
>
>One problem though - none of the helpfiles work for me still (none
>giving errors now), in my dev environment, or in a test 'real'
>installation - in fact Bugreport does nothing at all - the rest at least
>open the help window.
>
>Any ideas? I'm stumped as it seems to be loading the correct filenames
>(albeit with mixed slashes in some cases).

I needed some time until I could check Linux on this, and it works for me.
Most of the directory locating stuff is now done quite concentrated in
pgAdmin3.cpp line91-114, leading to
uiPath (xxx/ui) and docPath (xxx/docs)
For all docs (excluding pgsql-helpfiles, which will be read from the
sqlhelp path from options), subdirectories according to locale is
tested, before en_US is used.

I can't see problems on my systems or in the source, except that
DATA_DIR is usually supposed not to have a trailing slash (my Linux
makefile will show one).

Regards,
Andreas