Re: PostgreSQL x Oracle

From: "Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
To: postgres list <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL x Oracle
Date: 2003-02-11 07:08:10
Lists: pgsql-general

On 10 Feb 2003 at 19:48, Tony Grant wrote:

> About speed:
>
> I am using Postgres as a backend for my online databases. Everybody uses
> MySQL for that because it is faster right?
>
> Wrong! Everybody uses MySQL because PHP is as slow as glue when compared
> to JSP... By using Postgresql and JSP the pages are served just as
> quickly as with LAMP. If not faster...

Sorry for nitpicking, but when fight is between mysql/php v/s JSP/postgresql,
why bring in linux and apache? Aren't they common between these two?

:-)

Regards,
Shridhar

Shridhar Daithankar
LIMS CPE Team Member, PSPL.
mailto:shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in
Phone:- +91-20-5678900 Extn.270
Fax :- +91-20-5678901