Re: Have a PG 7.3.1 Windows (cygwin) easy installer... now

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: mlw <pgsql(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Have a PG 7.3.1 Windows (cygwin) easy installer... now
Date: 2003-01-26 03:59:25
Lists: pgsql-cygwin pgsql-hackers

mlw wrote:
> Sorry, I think there was a misunderstanding. What were you looking for?

Sorry Mark, I just thought you were busy.

Was wondering if you were going to make a project of it somewhere, so we
can get things together and have a really decent release for Windows
when 7.4 comes out. :)

> I used inno setup as well. If you want I can send my install script.

That would be really cool. :)

How did you handle the user and "Log on as a service" aspects of it?

:)

> I thought I was being very forth coming.

Yep, you 100% have a really good attitude, that's why I thought you were
busy.

:)

> I even help out on the Windows PG console window.

Took a look at it, and the three buttons seem permanently greyed out in
the download from the WinMaster project. Wasn't sure if it was a
configuration issue on my part, or if the code hadn't been fleshed out yet.

Interested in making a project on GBorg or something for the "complete
Windows installer" as a place to work out of?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi