Re: PostgreSQL on e10k

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Christian Töpp <christian(dot)toepp(at)vhm(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL on e10k
Date: 2003-01-07 14:21:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Chris,

Christian Töpp wrote:
> Hi
>
> my company planed to use postgresql on a sun enterprise 10000.
> has enyone hints and tricks for me how to setup and configure
> the database server?

What's the configuration of the E10k going to be?

+ How many CPU's ( and which Mhz+cache rating), how much memory, how
much disk?
+ How are you going to logically partition up the E10K, or is going to
be just One Big Box?
+ Which version of Solaris?

Only asking because this is the kind of Sun gear I used to do stuff on.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> thx