Re: Strange behaviour of JDBC driver for PostgreSQL

From: Carlos Correia <carlos(at)m16e(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net>
Cc: "Thomas O'Dowd" <tom(at)nooper(dot)com>, "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Strange behaviour of JDBC driver for PostgreSQL
Date: 2002-12-19 12:41:01
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi, Dave

>Ok, so the question becomes what database did the driver connect to?

I'm pretty sure it's the only postgres database available.
The network has only 2 machines: DEVO (the server -- a Mandrake 9.0
fresh installation -- add: 192.168.1.1) and RA (a Windows 2000 box --
add: 192.168.1.2), they are connected directly.
Previously I was using Mandrake 8.0 (which came with version 7.0) and
everything was working OK!
Now, I made a fresh installation (formating ALL partitions) and Have
only 2 DBs installed: postgres (7.2!) and MySQL.
The tests were performed without being connected to the internet.

>can assure you it has no version information inside it so it must have
>received that from somewhere? Also the fact the the driver behaves
>differently when connected remotely suggests something is wrong.
>so what did you input for the -h parameter below?

The server name: DEVO

>also can you write a java program that first gets the connection, and
>then waits for input, then in another terminal session do a netstat -nlp
>| grep 5432

OK! I'll try

BTW!, you have any idea about the meaning of SQLException reported?

Thanks,

Carlos