Re: Strange behaviour of JDBC driver for PostgreSQL

From: Fernando Nasser <fnasser(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: Carlos Correia <carlos(at)m16e(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Cramer <Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net>, "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Strange behaviour of JDBC driver for PostgreSQL
Date: 2002-12-18 16:28:51
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Carlos Correia wrote:

> Dave Cramer wrote:
>
>> Carlos,
>>
>> Is this a new message today, or one from yesterday?
>>

> Dave,
>
> It is the same messge, but as I think that everyone is misunderstooding
> the problem, I'll try to resume it:
>
> 1. I don't know why the driver reports version 6.5.2, as I don't have
> such a version.

The JDBC driver receives the version from the database backend when
connecting and that is what is printed by the
getDatabaseProductVersion() function. There is no way it can generate a
6.x.x version number by itself.

You _must_ be connecting to a 6.5.2 backend.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat Canada Ltd. E-Mail: fnasser(at)redhat(dot)com