Re: Problem of Null Ordering

From: Jean-Christian Imbeault <jc(at)mega-bucks(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Harry Yau <harry(dot)yau(at)regaltronic(dot)com>
Cc: PGG <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem of Null Ordering
Date: 2002-12-03 09:31:52
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

Harry Yau wrote:

When I query this table and Order by IF1, the row that have the value of
NULL will come after the row that have a number value. I am wondering is
there anything I can do to make the row with Null value come before the
row with a number value.

All you need to do is order your results by IF1. Use:

select IF1 from TABLE_NAME order by IF1 desc;

Jc

PS Don't crosspost to other postgres groups. It's very rude. Pick the
group that best first your particular need and post to only that group.