Re: USAGE on schema allowed by default?

From: Jochem van Dieten <jochemd(at)oli(dot)tudelft(dot)nl>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: USAGE on schema allowed by default?
Date: 2002-11-30 21:52:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:
> Jochem van Dieten <jochemd(at)oli(dot)tudelft(dot)nl> writes:
>
>>I am having a problem with USAGE. If I create a schema, users other than
>>the owner can enumerate tables in that schema.
>
> This has nothing to do with USAGE on the schema; it is just a matter of
> being able to read the system catalogs.

<quote>
2.8.4. Schemas and Privileges

By default, users cannot see the objects in schemas they do not own.
</quote>

I seem to have misunderstood the meaning of object (the current wording
suggests to me that tables, views, sequences etc. are not just
unreadable, but also invisible). Is there an explanation of "objects"
somewhere?

Jochem