Re: Peer to peer replication of Postgresql databases

From: "Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Peer to peer replication of Postgresql databases
Date: 2002-10-11 10:34:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

On 11 Oct 2002 at 16:29, Anuradha Ratnaweera wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 03:54:15PM +0530, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> I will look at it, too. Thanks for the link. In some cases, starting
> anew is faster than learning unmaintained existing code.

While that's true, usogres code is just few files. I wouldn't take more than
half an hour to read up the things. And besides it contain postgresql protocol
implementation necessary which would take some time to test and debug,

And it's in C++. I like that..;-)

> My original mail would have been much shorter if it simply stated that I
> want to add `application level RAID-0' to postgres ;)

:-)

Bye
Shridhar

--
QOTD: "Do you smell something burning or is it me?" -- Joan of Arc