Re: Peer to peer replication of Postgresql databases

From: Anuradha Ratnaweera <anuradha(at)lklug(dot)pdn(dot)ac(dot)lk>
To: Shridhar Daithankar <shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Peer to peer replication of Postgresql databases
Date: 2002-10-11 10:39:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 04:04:29PM +0530, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> On 11 Oct 2002 at 16:29, Anuradha Ratnaweera wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 03:54:15PM +0530, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> > I will look at it, too. Thanks for the link. In some cases, starting
> > anew is faster than learning unmaintained existing code.

Ok. Checked out what usogres is. It is not what I want. I don't want
a static `main database'. It should simply a cluster of them - just like
a set of Raid-0 disks, may be with a tempory controller for some tasks.

Also, as a matter of fact, usogres is not unmaintained code.

> While that's true, usogres code is just few files. I wouldn't take more than
> half an hour to read up the things. And besides it contain postgresql protocol
> implementation necessary which would take some time to test and debug,

Great. I will look into this over the weekend.

> And it's in C++. I like that..;-)

And I DON'T like that ;)

Anuradha

--

Debian GNU/Linux (kernel 2.4.18-xfs-1.1)

QOTD:
"I ain't broke, but I'm badly bent."