Re: firstest doubts...

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Roberto (SmartBit)" <roberto(at)smartbit(dot)inf(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: firstest doubts...
Date: 2002-10-07 20:21:10
Lists: pgsql-general

"Roberto (SmartBit)" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm beginning in PosgreSQL and until now I may say that it is incredible ...

Cool! :)

> I have some sort asks ... and ... I hope be helped here.
> so, first of all I should say that I am coming from Interbase, then:
>
> 1: There is any Postgres Language to InterBase like pgPL-SQL???

Yep, we have PL/pgSQL, and a bunch of others (PL/Tcl. PL/Perl,
PL/Python).

This will probably help:

http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?programmer-pl.html

> 2: There is any tools to convert from Interbase to Postgres???

Sure. This will probably help:

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/#convertfrom

:)

> 3: There is any Case tool like ER-Win that is compatible with Postgres??

This page will probably be of assistance:

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/oresources.php#erdtools

As an additional tool, Tora now supports PostgreSQL:

http://www.globecom.se/tora/

:-)

> 4: The Interbase's DOMAIN is the same thing as Postgres's TYPES ?? And could
> I create a TYPE without set an INPUT/OUTPUT function??
> (ex. CREATE DOMAIN myDomain NUMERIC(12,2)

No idea. Hopefully someone else can help you with this.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> TIA