Re: Anybody here?

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Anybody here?
Date: 2002-10-07 18:58:52
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Josh Berkus wrote:

> Justin,
>
> Who else is here? You don't need my introduction, but here it goes:

Um, Bruce Momjian is here. Robert Treat is here, Shridhar Daithankar
should have confirmed his subscription to pgsql-advoacy by now, a couple
of others at least too.

:)

> Hi! I'm Josh Berkus. I've been using PostgreSQL professionally for over 2
> years, and I've been the Marketing Lead for the OpenOffice.org project for
> the last year-and-a-half.

And doing a decent job too. :)

> I'd like to help out with Postgres Advocacy, particularly dealing with the
> Press, which I enjoy in a masochistic kinda way.

Hey, that's my Gig! :-p

Heh Heh Heh

For a different tact, am thinking we should probably start organising
language-specific contacts. Not country based ones at the moment (am
pretty sure things aren't ready for that just yet), but definitely
language based ones.

After launching the Advocacy site, within about 72 hours we had offers
to translated it into German, French, Polish, Finnish, Brazilian
Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, and another I think (exactly which is
eluding me just now).

Thoughts?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,