Re: Anyone want to assist with the translation of the Advocacy

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: cbbrowne(at)cbbrowne(dot)com
Subject: Re: Anyone want to assist with the translation of the Advocacy
Date: 2002-10-03 01:09:18
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

cbbrowne(at)cbbrowne(dot)com wrote:
<snip>
> > Cool. Could you deal with an OpenOffice Calc or M$ Excel file having
> > the lines of English text in one column, and doing the German
> > translation into a second column?
>
> Isn't this, um, the sort of thing you might want to put into, um, a, um,
> database?

Sure is. Are there any good options apart from?

a) Build an interface for people to translate through
b) Allow selected people to connect directly to the database

For the present b) is not an option as I don't have the needed access to
the postgresql.org database server to be able to adjust the pg_hba.conf
file, and a) Would take some decent time and effort to get up and
running. A lot longer than cut and pasting into an Excel document then
back out again. :-/

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> --
> (concatenate 'string "aa454" "@freenet.carleton.ca")
> http://cbbrowne.com/info/internet.html
> "you can obvioulsy understand what i'm saying. you're just being
> pendantic." -- bazzz777(at)yahoo(dot)com

- Indira Gandhi