Re: extract data and store

From: Jesús López <jesulop1(at)etb(dot)com(dot)co>
To: aarni(dot)ruuhimaki(at)kymi(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: extract data and store
Date: 2002-07-25 16:16:50
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi:

Thanks for your answer. My question is the following:

I have a large plain text external file with registers separated by commas like
this:

253,0,2000-02-24,053638447fffffffffffffff,.......................

I need to parse this and put in postgres. What is the best form of parsing and
how can I do for put this information in database.

Thanks again for your help.

Jlopez.