Re: extract data and store

From: Aarni Ruuhimäki / Megative Tmi / KYMI(dot)com <aarni(dot)ruuhimaki(at)kymi(dot)com>
To: Jesús López <jesulop1(at)etb(dot)com(dot)co>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: extract data and store
Date: 2002-07-25 15:14:06
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi Jesus !

You can use COPY command in psql to import txt and csv files.

If you want just parts from your text you will have to search / parse the
file first.

For the parsing, I am afraid, you will have to write a bit of code in your
preferred language. If you are using some common tools / APIs like php or
cfml, there are plenty of custom functions and little scriplets readily
available.

Could you be a little more specific on 'some information' and 'external text
file' please ?

BR,

aarni