HELP! Cannot access table!!!!

From: Wim <wdh(at)belbone(dot)be>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: HELP! Cannot access table!!!!
Date: 2002-06-07 14:20:18
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-novice

Hello,

I have a big problem when I try to access a table.
When I do:

ux5_billing=# SELECT COUNT(*) FROM billing;

I get the output:

FATAL 2: open of /pgdata//pg_clog/0FF0 failed: No such file or directory
FATAL 2: open of /pgdata//pg_clog/0FF0 failed: No such file or directory
before or while processing the request.
The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: DEBUG: server
process (pid 325) exited with exit code 2
DEBUG: terminating any other active server processes
NOTICE: Message from PostgreSQL backend:
The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
I have rolled back the current transaction and am
going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
NOTICE: Message from PostgreSQL backend:
The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
I have rolled back the current transaction and am
going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
NOTICE: Message from PostgreSQL backend:
The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
I have rolled back the current transaction and am
going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
DEBUG: all server processes terminated; reinitializing shared memory
and semaphores
Failed.
!# DEBUG: database system was interrupted at 2002-06-07 15:16:42 CEST
DEBUG: checkpoint record is at 0/2863DF58
DEBUG: redo record is at 0/2863DF58; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown FALSE
DEBUG: next transaction id: 1353431; next oid: 1443677
DEBUG: database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery
in progress
DEBUG: ReadRecord: record with zero length at 0/2863DF98
DEBUG: redo is not required
DEBUG: database system is ready

I Use the latest version 7.2.1, running on a HP-9000 with Debian.
Indeed, the file /pgdata//pg_clog/0FF0 doesn't exist!

Is it normal that there are 2 backslashes in /pgdata//pg_clog/0FF0 ?

Does anyone of you know what's going on?

Thanx!

Wim