Reset?

From: Joep deVocht <joep(at)masktools(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Reset?
Date: 2002-03-14 18:04:40
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

I'm using Postgres 7.1 with the C++ interface
and am facing the following problem.
I notice that when I send a invalid query to the dbase server
using "Exec" (For instance when trying to put an integer value
into the table that is too large) that the next Exec fails with
a segmentation fault.

I know it's possible to "reset" the connection or something similar,
so that after an invalid query, new queries can be sent
without problems. I know this because "psql" is able to.
Problem is that I can't seem to figure out how they do it.

Can anyone help me with this?

Many thanx in advance,

Joep.