Re: Reset?

From: jtv <jtv(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: Joep deVocht <joep(at)masktools(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Reset?
Date: 2002-03-15 02:59:44
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 10:04:40AM -0800, Joep deVocht wrote:

> I know it's possible to "reset" the connection or something similar,
> so that after an invalid query, new queries can be sent
> without problems. I know this because "psql" is able to.
> Problem is that I can't seem to figure out how they do it.

There is a function in libpq (which libpq++ is built on top of), called
PQreset(). Unless I'm mistaken, libpq++ doesn't currently expose this
in its API (the alternative libpqxx currently makes it a private method,
see my home page below).

There's a brief description of PQreset() at:

http://www.us.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.2/postgres/libpq-connect.html

I have no idea whether resetting the connection will solve your problem
though. Going by the docs, the function is there mainly to let you
recover broken connections.

Jeroen

http://members.ams.chello.nl/j.vermeulen31/