TODO question and claim

From: Chris Humphries <chumphries(at)devis(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: TODO question and claim
Date: 2002-01-22 15:50:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello All,
For those on IRC, i am drauku/slipjack/chrish.

First i would like to start off by coding a feature that DarcyB,
nick from IRC, suggested as a starting point for me. A max connections
settable limit. Since Bruce said that in 7.2 the pg_hda.conf gets
reloaded into cache on a SIGHUP, i guess i could stick it in there
and keep it backwards compatable? thoughts?

Second, on this TODO item:
* Point-in-time data recovery using backup and write-ahead log

This is like journaling but with a database? Can someone please
give me info on this? Thanks.

Also, can anyone point out any "newbie" items that i could do to
get started learning this api and system from the interals viewpoint?
I am commited to coding for this project, and wanna get alot of stuff
done so i will be at a place where i can help out with replication
and all it's madness :)

Thanks,
Chris