Re: Status of Migration Wizard ?

From: Didier Moens <Didier(dot)Moens(at)dmb(dot)rug(dot)ac(dot)be>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Status of Migration Wizard ?
Date: 2001-12-13 09:36:57
Lists: pgadmin-support

Dave Page wrote:

>>I've just installed PostgreSQL 7.2b3. As pgAdminII doesn't have a
>>Migration Wizard, I'd have to use pgAdminI. Unfortunately, pgAdminI
>>doesn't support pgSQL 7.2 (no OID's in pg_attributes ?).
>>
>>I suppose the only solution would be to revert to pgSQL 7.1,
>>migrate my
>>data to 7.1, dump and restore to 7.2, and then use pgAdminII ?
>>

> No, pgAdmin 1 will not work with PostgreSQL 7.2. I have since ported the
> Migration Wizard from it though into a pgAdmin II plugin. This can be found
> in the /binaries directory in the cvs at cvs.social-housing.org. Note that
> it's still under the gpl licence though.

Works like a charm !

Two small hiccups with the Migration Wizard :

1. Under W2K and pgAdminII, I still experience a "reverse tab" (cursor
moves to previous field instead of next field when pressing TAB). THis
is the same behaviour as with WinME and pgAdminI ;

2. The Wizard defaults to the MS-Access system database as defined in
the Jet registry settings : it would be nice if one could override this
from within the Wizard (as per the "MS Access Workgroup Administrator",
wrkgadm.exe).

Thanks for a great piece of software.

Kind regards,

Didier Moens
-----
RUG/VIB - Dept. Molecular Biology - Core IT
tel ++32(9)2645309 fax ++32(9)2645348
http://www.dmb.rug.ac.be