Re: Migrating db from Oracle to Postgresql

From: Colin Barnard <cgb(at)dcs(dot)qmul(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: Francisco Reyes <lists(at)natserv(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Migrating db from Oracle to Postgresql
Date: 2001-11-20 11:23:50
Lists: pgsql-novice

Francisco Reyes wrote:

> Can't you get the data to an ASCII file?
> It doesn't have to be with "inserts". A plain ASCII file with some sort of
> separator between column will do. You then can use the copy command to
> import your data.

Thanks Francisco,

Transferring the table data is not a problem, I was hoping to be able
to transfer all the other stuff as well, constraints, sequences etc in
one hit. If that's not possible I'll have to do it piecemeal.

Thanks again
Regards
Colin

--

Colin Barnard cgb(at)dcs(dot)qmul(dot)ac(dot)uk

Department of Computer Science, Queen Mary,
University of London, Mile End Road, London E1 4NS.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7882 5234 Fax: +44 (0)20 8980 6533

And now for something completely off the wall ...

|\
|-0
|/
|
| /