ECPG patches: get descriptor NULL alloc, external names

From: Christof Petig <christof(at)petig-baender(dot)de>
To: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ECPG patches: get descriptor NULL alloc, external names
Date: 2001-11-05 23:13:17
Lists: pgsql-patches

Hi Michael,

these patches fix the following issues with libecpg:

1)
- get descriptor didn't allocate memory if passed a NULL pointer
- now get descriptor shares code with ECPGexecute regarding storage in
output variables
- some code cleanup, recognize timestamp without timezone

2)
- make all external visible names of libecpg start with ECPG (without
changing ecpg_*)

3)
- rename ecpg_* to ECPG* to make the visible names look more homogenous

These address the last outstanding issues I had for 7.2.

Christof

PS: If these patches do not apply cleanly to current sources, please
tell me, I'll redo them.
PPS: The first patch requires the patch (char**=0) I sent in last week
(still unapplied)

Attachment Content-Type Size
ecpg_desc_alloc.patch.gz application/x-gzip 3.7 KB
ecpg_ext_names.patch.gz application/x-gzip 1.7 KB
ecpg_ext_names2.patch.gz application/x-gzip 3.0 KB