Re: Status of JDBC test suite?

From: Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: Liam Stewart <liams(at)redhat(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Status of JDBC test suite?
Date: 2001-08-29 17:58:11
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Yes I have seen this behavior as well (first run has many failures, but
later ones succeed). One reason that I noticed had to do with test
setup code. Many of the tests do the following:

drop table foobar;
create table foobar (...);

The first time this is run on a clean database the drop table fails
because the table does not exist. The next time this is run it succeds
because the table now exists.

The behavior of the test harness seems to be that it keeps running the
same set of tests over until it gets the same number of failures in two
consecutive runs, but I could be wrong about that.

thanks,
--Barry