Replication through WAL

From: Chad La Joie <clajoie(at)vt(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Replication through WAL
Date: 2001-04-22 12:36:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Is there an easy way to read the WAL files generated by Postgres? I'm
looking into writting a replication deamon for postgres and think that
the WAL files are the best way to know what has happened to the db and
what has to be replicated. I have a roughed out idea of how to code it
up but the only thing I'm really wrestling with is how read the WAL
files. Can anyone give me some pointers. I've looked at all the xlog*
code and have a basic understading of how it works, but not a real good
one. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks