Re: Database Connect

From: webb sprague <wsprague(at)o1(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Michaël Fiey <m(dot)fiey(at)futuresoundtech(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database Connect
Date: 2001-04-20 17:03:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Aahh! I have a million Perl scripts that rely on this syntax in the DBI
to connect to remote databases.

like:

$dbh=DBI->connect( "dbi:Pg:dbname=datab(at)remotehost",'wsprague','pass',
{RaiseError => 1, AutoCommit => 1})
or print STDERR "$DBI::errstr<p>";

Umm, do you have any idea what we should do now?

Thanks for all the effort that you guys have put into Postgres--if I was
following pgsql-hackers I probably could have put my 2 cents in earlier.