Re: where does the -i go?

From: Justin Clift <jclift(at)iprimus(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Steve Aras <steve(at)stevearas(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: where does the -i go?
Date: 2001-04-01 05:27:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I'd generally do :

su - postgres -c "pg_ctl start -o '-i' > /dev/null 2>&1&"

Making sure the correct environment variables are in the .profile or
.bashrc start scripts for the postgres user of course. (Depending on OS
and default shell for the postgres)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

su -l postgres -c "/usr/bin/pg_ctl -D $PGDATA -p /usr/bin/postmaster
start >/dev/null 2>&1"

Steve Aras wrote:

> I've seen there are multiple ways of doing the -i for postmaster.
> Someone said something like: Uncomment #PGOPTS= -i Iv'e also seen it
> in the postmaster call e.g. postmaster -i foo
>
> Do I need to add it to /rc.d/init.d/postgresql in the line below?
> Where?
>
> su -l postgres -c "/usr/bin/pg_ctl -D $PGDATA -p /usr/bin/postmaster
> start >/dev/null 2>&1"

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

- Indira Gandhi