authentification / news script

From: rno <noospot42(at)f2s(dot)com>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: authentification / news script
Date: 2001-02-19 23:01:28
Lists: pgsql-php

hi everyone,

I'm trying to do a multilingual news script using php and postgres,

it's working but there is no private/public area, you can get it at
http://www.noospot42.f2s.com/download/yaka-0.0.1.tar.gz ( 26Kb )
->this is a (beginner) work in progress !

the interface is multilingual but also the news you publish, translating being
made easier using other languages news as reference with a specific
'translating' page.

two problems:
I'm not sure at all if my database design is relevant. in fact you'll find two
different designs in the archive, one using trigger and the other one heritage,
the later being the one curently used. both using four tables, a generic 'news'
and a table for each language texts.
(english dutch and french atm)

I have problems doing a authentification system and can't decide what to use, I
know very little about security in general.
For one: How can you do a link for the user to log-out when you're using
apache's mod_auth?

So if anyone give it a whirl I would welcome and apreciate any
comments/criticism on those points (even others I haven't thought of :)

thanks,
see you,
--
rno